When it comes to writing I will do almost anything to avoid actually doing it. Today I share with you my personal favorite ways to procrastinate. Leave me a note and let me know how you procrastinate.
- Take pictures of my dogs and post them on Facebook. Check back every five minutes to see if anyone “likes” my photos. Fantasize about becoming world famous pet photographer.
- Get a baggy of Jelly Bellys. Eat them one at a time and see if I can guess what flavor they are. Fantasize about becoming candy maker like Willy Wonka.
- Scour internet for recipes I will never make. Pin them to my Pinterest board called “Yummy.” Fantasize about competing on MasterChef and having torrid affair with Joe Bastianich.
- Watch Real Housewives of New Jersey. Fantasize I am one of the housewives and reenact all their fights while including my amazing insights and zingers that put them in their place.
- Go on Ebay. Bid on crap I don’t need like belt buckles that make me laugh. Fantasize I have way more money than I do… which always leads to…
- Go on real estate websites. Look up most expensive mansions in America. Fantasize I live in one.
- Play WordsWithFriends. Lose nearly every time. Fantasize that I crush anyone who challenges me.
- Wake dogs up from nap and make them cuddle with me. Fantasize that I am the next Cesar Millan with dogs that respect me as a confident pack leader and not just an annoying simpleton who picks up their poop.
- Stare into space. Fantasize that I am BFF’s with Oprah.
- Write useless lists to post on my blog. Fantasize that post goes viral and I am interviewed on Good Morning America.